This weeks guest is Justin Jackson of….. well a lot of stuff! Justin hits the digital world punch after punch after punch. Blogs, podcast, video, you name it and the chances are he’s done it. Justin is big into asking why and this episode is no different so sit back while Mike and Justin spend time theorizing why people do what they do and how others can use that information to get heard over the masses and make it in the world of the internet.
Thanks to this week’s sponsors:
Try ZipRecruiter for FREE Today. The Best Way to Post Jobs and Hire Fast. As your qualified candidates roll in, we make it easy to screen & rate them, allowing you to make the best hiring decisions for your business. All Candidates In One Place.
• Here’s Justin! [7:30]
• Getting noticed [12:00]
• Behind the hidden glass [17:00]
• Keep Giving[22:30]
• Identity Theory [25:00]
• We all grew up [28:00]
• The Story of Eddie [34:30]
• Art is the job [40:30]
• Keep it real [42:30]
• Test the idea [47:00]
• Rise above the noise [51:30]
• The digital theory [53:30]
Notable Links Discussed:
Jobs to be Done:
Book: Competing Against Luck
Based on two principles:
1. Everyone wants to make progress within their current situation
2. People "hire" products + services + experiences to make their life better
So the question you need to ask is: "How does my art, my music, my thing, make people more awesome? How does it help them make progress in their lives?
Now why do kids stop listening to bands?
"The music is no longer helping them make progress in their life."
What's the key to longevity in music?
You've gotta stay ahead of the fan: keep giving them progress. And you're seeing that now with MxPx. Now people are back into the music because of the nostalgia factor.
But people "hire" MxPx for other reasons:
Why do people like this video? : www.facebook.com/MxPxPx/videos/10153957974036035/
what "jobs" are people hiring MxPx for?
Thanks to Sarah Allspaw @SarahAllspaw for producing and helping with the distribution, Jake Gravbrot @walk.into.the.light for photos, video and co-hosting, the Idobi Radio Team, Jabber Jaw Media, & The Bob and Katie Show for preparing show notes. Special thanks to you the listeners and readers of this blog. I appreciate you. Thanks for listening.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
• Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
• Subscribe & Review: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play
• Bookmark & Use the Amazon Link: Click through to Amazon via Link for all your Amazon purchases. Won’t cost you a penny extra on any purchases but will throw some loose commission change from the Amazon coffers our way, which help cover show expenses. Wanna make it even easier to support? Just bookmark the Amazon banner affiliate url link to your browser toolbar – then every time you click to go to Amazon you can feel great for supporting what we are doing – Thank you!
ALSO! Life in Trenches - Hosted by Mike Herrera and Jake Gravbrot
Discussions and opinions on pop culture and news.
Watch and Subscribe HERE